Social Security Disability Bootcamp presented by NBI on December 8, 2014 in Knoxville, TN. John Dreiser will be one of the faculty members for this six hour course.
Understand the Procedures and Strategies for Effective Disability Claimant Representation
Get everything you’ll need to succeed in a disability claim with an insightful overview of the laws, definitions, procedures, and tactics involved in researching and proving impairments. Experienced attorney faculty will walk you through the major steps of the claim procedure and share their methods for selecting cases, presenting them with the SSA and coordinating SSDI with claimants’ other sources of income. Build a solid foundation for your practice – register today!
- Get the foundational knowledge you’ll need to effectively pursue Social Security Disability claims.
- Verify all actions taken in the claim before it came to you to eliminate devastating surprises later.
- Understand how disability is defined and measured in SSDI and workers’ compensation claims.
- Find out what sources of proof work best in specific physical impairment claims.
- Can someone fake a personality assessment test – for the good or for the bad? Find out what safeguards are built in and how you can best use the assessment results.
- Understand the tangled relationship of SSDIB and Workers’ Compensation to properly coordinate benefits.
- Know how to ethically address misconduct by clients and representatives.
- Hear seasoned attorneys share their tips for establishing and collecting attorneys’ fees.
- Recognize when the claim is worth taking to Federal District Court and what arguments carry the most weight there.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar offers attorneys a fast-paced overview of Social Security Disability practice. It will also benefit:
- Social Security Disability Representatives
- Government Benefits Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Overview of the Law, Operating Terms and Procedure
- First Steps and the Search for Claim-Supporting Evidence
- Mental Impairment Claims
- Effective Hearing Tactics
- Strategies for the Appeals Council and Federal District Court
- Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls
- Handling Changes in Benefits
- Coordinating SSDI with Workers’ Comp and Other Benefits and Income Sources
- Attorneys’ Fees – Sources and Methods of Recovery
Continuing Education Credit
Certification of Disability Management Specialists – CDMS: 6.50
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor – CRCC: 6.50
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.67 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.50 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA
If you need more information about a Social Security Disability/SSI matter, personal injury matter (car wreck, boating accident, slip and fall, etc.), EEOICPA claim, long or short-term disability, VA disability, Railroad Retirement Board disability, or a workers compensation matter, please contact the Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser for a free case evaluation. We can be reached at (865) 584-1211 or (800) 806-4611, through Facebook, or through our website. Our office handles claims throughout East Tennessee, including Knoxville, Chattanooga, Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City, Morristown, Maryville, Rogersville, Dandridge, Tazewell, New Tazewell, Jefferson City, Strawberry Plains, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Loudon, Kingston, Halls, Maynardville, Crossville, Cookeville, Jamestown, Sweetwater, Lenoir City, Athens, Oak Ridge, Clinton, LaFollette, Lake City, Jacksboro, Bean Station, Cosby, Newport, White Pine, Mosheim, Wartburg, Sunbright, Pigeon Forge, Greeneville, Harriman, Dayton, Spring City, and Deer Lodge.