On February 19, 2013, John Dreiser of the Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser will present for National Business Institute (NBI) on the topic of “Complex Social Security Law Issues.” This video webcast is eligible for CLE credit in all fifty states. As advertised by NBI, the benefits of attending are:
- Streamline your intake process to collect all needed information and plan the case.
- Get tips for effective brief writing from experienced SSDI attorney faculty.
- Properly prepare clients prior to the ALJ hearing with these tips.
- Frame clear and effective hypothetical questions for experts.
- Learn how the Dictionary of Occupational Titles can assist you.
- What can you do if your client doesn’t have an insured status? Get new tactics for tackling potentially disastrous special considerations.
- Learn effective approaches to handling potentially harmful evidence.
- Protect your professional reputation with a practical legal ethics guide.
The agenda is as follows:
- CROSS-EXAMINATION OF THE VOCATIONAL & MEDICAL EXPERT
10:00 – 10:45, Holly J. Fairbairn
- Effective Use of Dictionary of Occupational Titles – Case Studies
- Vocational Implications of Pain and Mental Health Issues
- Building Scenarios to Challenge Vocational Expert’s Opinion
- What Makes a Skill “Highly Transferable?”
- COMPLEX EVIDENTIARY ISSUE IN DISABILITY CLAIMS
10:45 – 11:45, John P. Dreiser
- Spotting Red Flags in Case Selection and Initial Client Interview
- Creating an Exhaustive List of All the Documents You Will Need
- Family Medical History
- Personal Medical History
- Employment History and Earnings Record
- Procedure, Forms, Instructions and Useful Links for Every Step of the Claims Process
- Practical Tips for Obtaining Medical Records and Other Crucial Documents
- Video Evidence
- Addressing Mental Impairment
- ADVANCED CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
12:00 – 1:00, John P. Dreiser
- Trial Work Period and Unsuccessful Work Attempt – Much Overlooked Opportunities for Higher Benefits
- Claimant’s Lack of Sufficient Quarters
- What Can You do with a Client Who Doesn’t Have an Insured Status?
- Reopening Old Applications and the “Res Judicata” Concept – When Doesn’t it Apply?
- Appeals Council and Federal Court Proceedings Pain Standards and Legal Briefs
- Applying the Reverse Offset Rule – Case Study
- Useful Resources
- WRITING THE BRIEF AND PREPARING FOR THE HEARING
1:30 – 2:30, Kenneth P. Dobbs
- Developing a Winning Theory
- Documenting the History of the Ailment – Forms/Letters From the Medical Professionals for Physical vs. Mental Disability Claims
- Drafting the Brief and What Form/Documents Must be Submitted With It
- Preparing the Client to Testify
- The Master Checklist of the “Must-Have” Documents for the Hearing
- Documenting and Explaining Prescription Medications
- Addressing Addiction
- HEARING TACTICS
2:30 – 3:15, Kenneth P. Dobbs
- Maximizing Client Testimony Following the Five-Step Sequential Evaluation Process
- How to Present Hypotheticals
- Effective Use of Exhibits
- Addressing Harmful Evidence
- Always Build a Record for Appeal! – What You Must Remember in the Heat of Battle
- INTAKE ISSUES
3:30 – 4:00, Kenneth P. Dobbs
- AVOIDING ETHICAL PITFALLS
4:00 – 5:00, Heather Farnsworth
- Client Misconduct
- Representative Misconduct
- Guarding Confidentiality
- Adressing Negative Evidence
To get more information or register, please click here.
If you need more information about a Social Security Disability/SSI matter, personal injury matter (car wreck, boating accident, slip and fall, etc.), EEOICPA claim, long or short-term disability, VA disability, or a workers compensation matter, please contact the Law Offices of Tony Farmer and John Dreiser for a free case evaluation. We can be reached at (865) 584-1211 or (800) 806-4611, through Facebook, or through our website. Our office handles claims throughout East Tennessee, including Knoxville, Chattanooga, Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City, Morristown, Maryville, Rogersville, Dandridge, Tazewell, New Tazewell, Jefferson City, Strawberry Plains, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Loudon, Kingston, Halls, Maynardville, Crossville, Cookeville, Jamestown, Sweetwater, Lenoir City, Athens, Oak Ridge, Clinton, LaFollette, Lake City, Jacksboro, Bean Station, Cosby, Newport, White Pine, Mosheim, Wartburg, Sunbright, Pigeon Forge, and Deer Lodge.
- Reopening a Previously Denied Social Security Disability or SSI Claim (farmerdreiser.wordpress.com)